AblaCare develops an innovative solution for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) related infertility, designed to provide patients with a more natural and less medicalised pregnancy experience.
AblaCare aims to restore ovulation in PCOS patients through a simple, one-time, durable, minimally invasive treatment. AblaCare's procedure is done transvaginally, under ultrasound guidance, and does not require general anesthesia. The technique can be performed in the clinic setting using the same minimally invasive access commonly used by fertility physicians for IVF.
Pre-clinical experiments have successfully evaluated the safety and usability profile of the AblaCare Procedure, Ovarian Rebalancing. AblaCare has also finalised the development of its device, and is currently preparing for clinical trials. The AblaCare device is for investigational use only and is not marketed in any geography to date.
Over 10% of women worldwide are affected by PolyCystic Ovary Syndrome, a leading cause of female infertility.
At AblaCare, we are developing an innovative treatment for PCOS infertility which would be less risky and less invasive than current options.
Same mechanism of action as "ovarian diathermy or drilling" :
- restoring ovulation by ablating ovarian tissue to achieve non-specific volume reduction
- with proven efficacy documented in large body of literature and guidelines
- Built-in safety features to ensure correct placement and energy delivery
- Limited thermal damage to ovary surface
- Bipolar energy, low power, reproducible ablation
- Same as for ovocyte retrievals: can be performed in office setting
- Ultrasound visualisation for device placement
- Transvaginal, needle-based access